Few people enjoy going to the dentist, which is why it’s important to choose a great dentist you’re comfortable with and who you can trust to have your best interests in mind for your oral health. But, what makes a dentist great? Our dentist in Lakewood, Dr. Scott Greenhalgh, has devoted many years of his life to caring for his patients and furthering his education. Dr. Greenhalgh’s patients return to our office for several reasons such as his precision and skill, but the most noteworthy is his compassion. Our cosmetic dentist cares about your dental needs and those of your family.
A dentist must be many things—They need a strong interest in learning, must have an artistic edge, a good team mentality, and be business savvy. These are just some of many attributes that set a great dentist apart from the rest:
- Personality: A dentist’s personality is what keeps patients coming back and is a good way to bring in new clients. A happy patient refers their friends and family.
- A Steady Touch: Good manual dexterity goes a long way toward making a dental patient feel comfortable, and it assures them that they’re in good hands. Shaky fingers can be extremely off-putting and scary for both adult and child patients.
- Excellent Communication: Patients enjoy being involved in their dental treatments. They want to know why they need tooth-colored fillings or dental implants. When you take the time to explain the process, it makes everyone involved feel more at ease.
- Honesty: Some dentistry offices may push a certain procedure or cosmetic treatment to increase their profit, but a great dentist is honest about what exactly needs to be addressed and what can wait.
- Problem Solving Skills: No patient is the same, and a combination of procedures or treatments such as a Smile Makeover may be necessary to achieve your desired look or optimal oral health. A great dentist can personalize a plan to fit your unique needs.
If you’re interested in cosmetic dentistry or are in need of a bi-annual dental exam, please contact Scott Greenhalgh, DDS in Lakewood today at (303) 988-9060 to schedule your appointment. Dr. Greenhalgh and our skilled staff serve patients in Lakewood, Denver, Golden, and surrounding areas of Colorado.